Search This Blog

Saturday, September 21, 2024

Disorder

 

Beloved:
Where jealousy and selfish ambition exist,
there is disorder and every foul practice.
But the wisdom from above is first of all pure,
then peaceable, gentle, compliant,
full of mercy and good fruits,
without inconstancy or insincerity.
And the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace
for those who cultivate peace.

Where do the wars
and where do the conflicts among you come from?
Is it not from your passions
that make war within your members?
You covet but do not possess.
You kill and envy but you cannot obtain;
you fight and wage war.
You do not possess because you do not ask.
You ask but do not receive,
because you ask wrongly, to spend it on your passions.

STUDIUM:

Since the beginning, there have been conflicts.  Here the verses explain that we need to change our desires to confirm to God's Will.

MEDITATIO:

It is hard not to petition God for what I want, rather than be content with whatever God has given me.  I should yearn for my will to conform to God's Will.  I think this is a common problem.

ORATIO:

Lord, help me to be humble before you.  You give all I need.



No comments:

Bible Roulette

Bible roulette is a "game" some people play.  They don't think of it as a game.  They think God is speaking to them, through s...