Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 17, 2024

Children's Novena

 A novena is simply a prayer you pray for nine days. Why nine?  Ask the Jews?  I don't think anyone can pinpoint exactly where praying for nine days started but the apostles prayed for nine days between Jesus Ascension into heaven, and the Holy Spirit coming.  They followed their Jewish customs.

In trying to teach my grandchildren persistence and consistent prayer, I thought that we would pray a novena.  We will pray:

Father, 
We pray for your help at school.  Help us to pay attention in classes and do well on tests. Help us to make good friends.  Help us obey school rules and have good behavior.  May I shine in hockey and all extracurricular activities.  Jesus be with me always.  Amen.



.





No comments:

How I Grew Up

 Afraid my friends         would find out. Feel sorry for me.        judge me. See him staggering,        unemployed, again,        smelling...