Search This Blog

Friday, December 30, 2022

Treat Others As God Would


 Isn't praying enough?

No, it isn't.  You must love your neighbor.

I do.

Prove it.  Just praying without helping your neighbor is hypocritical and Isaiah tells us that it makes God very angry.

"What are your endless sacrifices to me," says Yahweh.
"I am sick of burnt offerings of rams and the fat of calves.  I take no pleasure in the blood of bulls and lambs and goats...

When you stretch out your hands I turn my eyes away.  You may multiply your prayers, I shall not be listening...

Learn to do good.  Search for justice.  Discipline the violent.  Be just to the orphan.  Plead for the widow."  (Isa. 1: 11, 15, 17)

You know nothing of God if you don't work towards justice in this world.

No comments:

Simple Explanation of the Mass

 Everything you ever wanted to learn about the Catholic Mass is explained by Mike Aquilina's Understanding the Mass .  This little book,...