Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 13, 2022

Christmas on January 7

  A couple of days ago, I asked everyone to pray for a Christmas truce.  I'm amending the length of the truce.  Remember a little while ago I blogged about the Julian and Gregorian calendars?  Well, the Russian Orthodox follow the Julian calendar, whereas, we follow the Gregorian.  Hence, the Russians wouldn't be celebrating Christmas on December 25.  Their Christmas is January 7 and their Christmas season would run until the Baptism on Jesus on January 19.  

Actually, this is better because the truce would be extended.  Let us pray for a Christmas Truce from Dec. 25 through January 19.  (Hoping for the war to never start up again.)



No comments:

Bulletin for Mary

I'm composing a blurb for my parish's church bulletin. Some friends and I are "tree huggers." We're into gardening a...