Search This Blog

Saturday, December 10, 2022

The Lord Shall Reign

 LECTIO:                                 Psalm 146: 6-7, 8-9, 9-10, Isaiah 35: 4

The Lord God keeps faith forever.
   secures justice for the oppressed,
   gives food to the hungry.
The Lord sets captives free.

The Lord gives sight to the blind:
  the Lord raises up those who were
     bowed down.

The Lord loves the just:
  The protects strangers.

The fatherless and the widow he sustains,
   but the way of the wicked he thwarts.
The Lord shall reign forever:
   your God, O Zion, through all generations.

STUDIUM:

Things look bad for the Israelites.  David urges the people to look towards the Lord.  Praising takes their minds off the problems and focuses them on the good that the Lord had done, and will do.  Praising pulls the people together communally. They are looking heavenly, away from the earth.  When they do this, they are ready for the help from the Holy Spirit.

MEDITATIO:

God and not the government or people, offers hope. I can't rely on any earthly authority.  

ORATIO:

Lord, may I never forget all that You have blessed me.  May I remember that only You can solve my problems, protect me, and inspire me.  Don't despise me.

CONTEMPLATIO:

Lord, walk with me.

RESOLUTIO:

I need to praise God more often.


No comments:

Shepherd One

 Whenever the pope flies anywhere, you will see that the plane is called Shepherd One.  Even so, the Vatican doesn't own any planes.  Th...