Search This Blog

Saturday, December 3, 2022

OMG!

 A common exclamation nowadays is, "Oh my God."  It's so common, that I have been known to use it.  One time a woman who is a congregant in the Refuge Church, reprimanded me, for saying it. So if I am aware, I'll change it to, "Oh my gosh!"  

I was going to explain to my censorious friend, that I was using an ejaculation.  But if she didn't know what a prayer ejaculation was, then she really would think I was a blasphemous papist. After all, ejaculation is a release of sperm!  But prayers like the Jesus prayer--"Jesus, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner," are ejaculations.  They are spontaneous eruptions of praise and prayer.

Instead, we will call prayer ejaculations, aspirations.   Now when I am moved to praise God or I am overwhelmed with blessings, I say:

Jesus have mercy.

Lord, have mercy on me.

Thank you Jesus.

Mary, pray for me.

St. Dominic, help me.



No comments:

Trinity

 Where did the idea of God being Three Persons, come from?  It came from Jesus.  Matthew 28: 19.   New International Version Therefore go an...