Search This Blog

Monday, March 29, 2021

When Death Isn't Death

 LECTIO:   COL. 3: 1-4

So if you have been raised with Christ, seek the things that are above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God.  Set your minds on things that are above, not on things that are on earth, for you have died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God.  When Christ who is your life is revealed, then you also will be revealed with him in glory.

STUDIUM:

The early Christians taught that baptism was a dying and rising again.  When someone dies their body is hidden in the ground, but Christians die a spiritual death in baptism and they are not hidden in the ground but hidden in Christ.  To the non-Christians, the Christian is hidden.  But when Christ comes again the Christian will be glorified.

MEDITATIO:

Things that the world thinks are important mean nothing.  My standard of values are different.  I follow Christ and what is important is my relationship with HIM.

ORATIO:

Lord, help me always to focus on You.  Paul said he didn't live, but Christ lived in him.  I want that.  You are my life.

CONTEMPLATIO:

"It is no longer I who live but Christ who lives in me." (Gal. 2: 20)

RESOLUTIO:

I intend to walk the straight and narrow to heaven.



No comments:

Shepherd One

 Whenever the pope flies anywhere, you will see that the plane is called Shepherd One.  Even so, the Vatican doesn't own any planes.  Th...