Search This Blog

Friday, March 26, 2021

In Death There Is Hope

 LECTIO:    Mark 15: 37

With a loud cry, Jesus breathed His last.

STUDIUM:

I picture Jesus' loud cry was a guttural sound.  I can't see how any man could rationally think at that time, contrary to what is written in John and Luke: John 19:30 and Luke 23: 46.  However, I do believe that the grunting sound emitted from Jesus at that time meant, It is finished, John 19:30 and Father, into Your Hands I commit My Spirit, Luke 23:46. 

MEDITATIO:

Every death comes as a shock.  Even if we know the time and prepare for its coming. I remember a pet dying.  The house seemed empty.  A pet!  No voice, no running feet, no singing, crying, conversation, yet there was a definite emptiness in our lives.  The world is quieter.  More so with Jesus' death.  Being human, He experienced everything we do.  Jesus died with a loud cry.  We knew it was coming.  We saw it.  Still.

ORATIO:

Lord, Your death was such a shock.  Our souls blinked a hundred times.  Our eyes beat out tears.  Our hearts pulsed quietly processing the stark reality.

CONTEMPLATIO:

Jesus my brother.  I will join You one day.  Knowing that You rose from the dead shows me that my death is not the end but the beginning.  I look forward to seeing You.


No comments:

Shepherd One

 Whenever the pope flies anywhere, you will see that the plane is called Shepherd One.  Even so, the Vatican doesn't own any planes.  Th...