Search This Blog

Sunday, February 7, 2021

Where Are All the Men?



A while ago, I wrote a post called The Final Letter, about writing to the pope urging him to canonize Father Jean-Joseph Lataste, and saying that I was mailing finally mailing the letter.  I mailed it alright but not to the pope.  I mailed it to the postulator of the cause.  He recommended changes.  He also advised that I get signatures.  

Herein lies the topic of this post.  Look at this picture of Jesus' Crucifixion.  Where are all the men?  Only the beloved John was present.  The other apostles were afraid to stand by Jesus.  They were afraid to witness.  

Providentially, I copied this picture from a Facebook Address of the Ocean View Evangelical Community Church in Hawaii, which was commenting on witnessing.  Yes, where are all the men?

Thank God for women.  Look at them.  

This picture will help get across what happened regarding my letter.  All the women signed.  No problem.  Only one man signed: 

My provincial  --  ignored me
My bishop  --  ignored me
My cardinal archbishop --  ignored me
two Dominican chaplains -- ignored me
A prison priests chaplain  --  ignored me

One Dominican friar didn't ignore me but he said he didn't feel comfortable signing.  My current fraternity's Dominican director said he was too busy.

Men are afraid to witness.  The result looks like Cavalry--one man, many women.

"Just say'n."




No comments:

Hands Up Don't Shoot

  Our Lady of Ferguson Icon by Mark Doox Icons are written because they are stories. This story began in the city of Ferguson, Missouri, whi...