Search This Blog

Thursday, February 18, 2021

Justice by Mob Rule

 Yesterday's and today's Lenten meditations on Jesus' trial in front of Pilate really had me reflecting deeply.  I kept thinking of the mob that invaded the Capitol Building with the mob that kept demanding that Jesus be crucified.

What would I have done if I were Pilate?
I was sure Jesus was innocent but the mob was demanding that he be crucified.  If I didn't do what the mob wanted there would surely be repercussions.  My bosses would hear of it--I couldn't control the mob.  I'd lose my job. But if  I did what the mob wanted, that would be the end of the problem.  The easy way was to do what the mob wanted.

What else could Pilate do?



No comments:

Trinity

 Where did the idea of God being Three Persons, come from?  It came from Jesus.  Matthew 28: 19.   New International Version Therefore go an...