Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 23, 2021

The Demise of Father Diotrophes

 At my last writing group meeting, one of our members related a story about a mean boss she once had.  I immediately thought of Father Diotrophes.  It's been quite a while since I wrote a prayer group tale but I used to tell stories about the relationship between my pastor and my prayer group.

I immediately tried to think of a situation to have Father Diotrophes and the prayer group at odds, again.  Everything seemed silly.  Could it be that I've moved on?  Well, since COVID-19, the prayer group hasn't met at all.  So the pastor isn't hovering over us and vice versa; the prayer group isn't annoying the pastor.

It's time. 

I am sorry to announce that Father Diotrophes has moved on.

However, I'm sure the prayers of the prayer group will continue to surround Father Diotrophes forever.



No comments:

Shepherd One

 Whenever the pope flies anywhere, you will see that the plane is called Shepherd One.  Even so, the Vatican doesn't own any planes.  Th...