Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 23, 2021

Cooking with Grandpa Jacques

 "A Grandfather's Lessons, In the Kitchen with Shorey," is a delightful nonfiction book that has some good recipes. I know I'm late in the game, but I've just discovered Jacques Pepin. He weaves stories of his home life into the reason for his meals.

This is my wife, Gloria's favorite.
This is my granddaughter, Shorey's favorite.
This is my daughter, Claudine's favorite.
I made this for Gloria when we were dating and won her heart.

His stories and artwork are endearing. I can relate. Another thing I can do, is his recipes. He hardly uses any ingredient I don't already have in my kitchen. You don't have to go to a specialty market to buy anything. The book is enjoyable and useful. 

No comments:

Shepherd One

 Whenever the pope flies anywhere, you will see that the plane is called Shepherd One.  Even so, the Vatican doesn't own any planes.  Th...