Search This Blog

Sunday, February 3, 2019

Bishop Edyvean, former auxiliary bishop of Boston, dies

Pilot file photo.
Bishop Edyvean, former auxiliary bishop of Boston, dies: Bishop Peter Uglietto, Vicar General of the Archdiocese of Boston, announced Feb. 3 that Most Reverend Walter J. Edyvean, retired auxiliary bishop of Boston, passed to the Lord in the evening of Feb. 2.


What I remember best about  him was how kind he was to my "cloistered brothers."  He came to confirm those catechumens who were ready.  Of course, going through the security to get in was the usual hassle and he was good-natured about it.  He laughed when he took apart his crozier.  It was pure silver!  And I held it for him while he shook hands and greeted everyone.



I will pray that he rests with the Good Shepherd.

No comments:

Not Ship-Shape

  The Woman in Cabin 10 b y Ruth Ware is called a psychological thriller.  To me it means that the protagonist, Lauren, will drive you crazy...