Search This Blog

Sunday, February 10, 2019

Recommendation for Advent

Near the end of Advent, I came across a web-site known as the Daily Poem. There are podcasts on the site.  I listened.  David Kerns was reading a poem.  I was hooked.

I got the APP.  I listen to a poem mostly every day.  But the first time I listened was during Advent and David Kern was reading from an anthology of Christian poets put together in a book by an Anglican priest-poet, Malcolm Guite.  The book is Waiting on the Word

Even though I was reading after Advent, the poems were applicable to the winter season.  I enjoyed them.  What's not to enjoy? If you don't enjoy one, there are others.  In fact, when my book club, Argonauta gets together to choose books, this is my choice.  When we read poetry, it's always a particular author.  What if we don't care for him?  Well, the problem is solved with an anthology and Waiting on the Word would be perfect for our December choice.

No comments:

Hockey Playoffs