Search This Blog

Saturday, February 23, 2019

If you don't know the Christian Faith you don't get Western Civilization

What do you think of Prof. Esolen's claim that students and teachers don't know poetry and classic literature because they don't know the Christian faith?  Read his article in The Catholic Thing


I readily can see his point.  Where I don't agree is with his music opinion.  But I'm not a music person; I don't have the ear for it.  I'm an alto and can't sing most songs because I can't find the pitch.  I like the happy clappy music at charismatic Masses.  I'm bored with the music at the traditional Latin Mass.  But he may be right; what do I know?

Today's education is so math and science orientated that all the subjects can't be taught well.  Language arts courses fall behind.  Maybe schools should be 12 months and longer days.  But who's going to pay for it. 

Complicated isn't it?  

No comments:

Hockey Playoffs