Search This Blog

Sunday, February 17, 2019

Copying St. Patrick


Babysitting the four-year-old yesterday. She was helping me with my plants in my garden kitchen window. I have a holy water font on the front corner. It's Our Lady of Guadalupe. I asked her if she knew who the statue was and she said, "Mary and Jesus."  I asked, "Where's Jesus?"  She pointed to the angel on the bottom.  Interesting.

She also placed every little animal she was playing with, in front of Mary. They were visiting her.

While we were there, I pointed out the purple shamrock plant, next to the statue.  I showed her that it was shaped to show her how to bless herself.  You start at the point, "In the name of the Father."  Then you drop down to the bottom/center. "And the Son."  And at each point, "The Holy--Spirit. Amen."

She liked that.  So we picked one of the purple leaves and pressed it between two pieces of wax paper, for her to keep.

I got the idea from St. Patrick who taught the Trinity on the leaves of a shamrock.




No comments:

Hockey Playoffs