Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 18, 2016

In the Beginning


Yesterday, I planted for the first time, this season.  I've decided to make a lettuce garden.  This picture is of my lettuce seedlings.

In a sense, a garden is a miracle.  Plants, flowers, and human beings, although not there, will be.  They are enfolded within, waiting to sprout.  Doesn't it touch you?

Each of us is like a plant.  We participate in some way in the plans of God.  There is an identity within us that is continually unfolding.  I watched this begin during my planting, this morning.

Det vitae remedium
Jesus nobis, flos vernalis

May Jesus give us redeeming life
He Who is a spring flower.

No comments:

Galilean Fish Broil

BIBLICALLY BROILED FISH This Lenten recipe comes from “A Continual Feast.”  Note the beautiful story of Jesus appearing to the apostles on t...