Search This Blog

Monday, January 25, 2016

A Pro-Life Meditation


The homework for my Bible sharing group, this Fourth Sunday in Ordinary Time, includes reading Jeremiah 1: 4-5:

The word of the Lord came to me, saying:
     Before I formed you in the womb I knew you,
        before you were born I dedicated you,
        a prophet to the nations I appointed you.

Since the March for Life was only a few days ago, these verses stood out, for me: "in the womb, I knew you."  These words suggest so much more than God's choosing Jeremiah as a prophet.  It means that before Jeremiah was born, he was chosen.  Ponder "...I knew you."  Wowza!  God knows Jeremiah.  A relationship had begun.  God loved Jeremiah before he was even born.

And God feels the same for each one of us.  

No comments:

Praying from the Heart

 The book I chose for my Lenten reading was Inner Life A Fellow Traveler's Guide to Prayer, by David Torkington.  I finished it this Sun...