Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Ten Things I Never Would Have Imagined As A Teenager

Dick and I will have been married for 42 years, this July 4th.  I find that hard to believe.  Even harder to believe is the list of things I've done in the 42 years, that were beyond the range of possibility, when I was a teen.  Ready?  Here goes:

1.  Freeze my butt off in a hockey rink, at 3:00 AM, watching a bunch of grown men swear and spit, and oh, play hockey, too.

2.  Lie (about the price of something).

3.  Hide stuff in the trunk of my car for a month or so.  (So when hubby asks if it's new, I'm not lying when I say "no").

4.  Thank God, when hubby is oblivious.

5.  Use spit to clean a child's face.

6.  Use hubby's handkerchiefs to pad my nursing bra.

7.  Wear maternity clothes when I wasn't pregnant.

8. 9. 10.  Get peed on, pooped on, vomited on, and spit up on.

Disgusting isn't it?  I bet you have a list too.

Galilean Fish Broil

BIBLICALLY BROILED FISH This Lenten recipe comes from “A Continual Feast.”  Note the beautiful story of Jesus appearing to the apostles on t...