Search This Blog

Monday, March 25, 2013

Pregnant with Jesus

Ave Marie
Used with permission
Stained Glass Inc 


On March 25, I always start my Nine Month Novena in Honor ofthe Virgin of the Incarnation.  March 25-December 25 is nine months.  So for nine months I am pregnant with Jesus. 

However, this year, 2013, the celebration has been moved.  We will celebrate the observance, after the conclusion of the Octave of Easter, April 8.  This definitely throws praying nine months off kilter. 
I don’t want to confuse the pregnancy calculations.  Hence, I’m starting my novena today, March 25.

Also, since I’m walking with Catherine of Siena during Holy Week, I am recollecting her closeness with Mary.  Catherine, quite a few times, had visions of being espoused to Jesus. (See Denis Vincent Wiseman, op, Mary in the Life andThought of Catherine of Siena.)   In all of these mystical experiences, Mary gives Jesus to Catherine.  I however, never envision that.  For some reason, I identify with being pregnant with Jesus.  I like to think that He is dependent upon me, for food, love, comfort, and physical sustenance; whereupon I know it’s the other way around. 

O Virgin of the Incarnation, a thousand, a thousand times we praise thee, a thousand times we greet thee, for the joy thou did know when the Son of God became flesh in thy womb.

Here is the Novena

 This novena is offered for three intentions.


Salve Regina (Hail Holy Queen)


O Virgin of the Incarnation, a thousand, a thousand times we praise thee, a thousand times we greet thee, for the joy thou did know when the Son of God became flesh in thy womb.  Because thou are most powerful, O Virgin Mother of God, grant what we beseech thee for the love of God: (here name the three intentions).


The Memorare


Hail Mary


May the heart of Jesus in the Most Blessed Sacrament, be praised, adored and loved with grateful affection at every moment in all the tabernacles of the world and in the hearts of all, even until the end of time.  Amen.

h/t   www.stainedglassinc.com
        www.drawnbylove.com

Trinity

 Where did the idea of God being Three Persons, come from?  It came from Jesus.  Matthew 28: 19.   New International Version Therefore go an...