This sculpture was created by Vytautas K. Jonynas for the Vatican Pavilion in the World's Fair in New York, 1964-64. It depicts the church militant, the church suffering, and the church triumphant. That is the church on Earth, Purgatory, and Heaven. You can see it at the Franciscan Retreat and Guest House in Kennebunk, ME.
Search This Blog
Thursday, March 7, 2013
Communion of Saints
This sculpture was created by Vytautas K. Jonynas for the Vatican Pavilion in the World's Fair in New York, 1964-64. It depicts the church militant, the church suffering, and the church triumphant. That is the church on Earth, Purgatory, and Heaven. You can see it at the Franciscan Retreat and Guest House in Kennebunk, ME.
Not for Monkey Brains
How many times have I attempted to read The Cloud of Unknowing? Once, T wice ? I guess three times is a Trinity! I finished it. Once I ...
-
St Dominic and the Devil by Pietro della Vecchia D Don't you just love legends? I mean stories. St. Dominic stories abound. Of cou...
-
Yesterday, I posted about a sculpture on the top of a column in the church of St. Mary Magdalen , in Vezelay, France . Meditating upon the...
-
My Lay Dominican Chapter, Our Lady of Mercy, has the best spiritual director. Today he gave us, what my "cloistered brothers" ca...
