Search This Blog

Saturday, January 12, 2013

I know Why the Caged Bird Sings


Maya Angelou’s autobiographical book, I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings, came to mind when I walked into church, tonight.  I didn’t smell incense and candle wax.  I smelled paint.  And I saw that we parishioners were in a cage.

You see, St. Mary’s is painting the interior dome of the church.  There’s painting scaffolding caging the sanctuary.  I felt like I was in a cage.  And the Preface for today, the Baptism of Jesus, read:

And so, with the Powers of heaven,
we worship you constantly on earth,
and before your majesty
without end we acclaim:

Holy, Holy, Holy Lord God of hosts.
Heaven and earth are full of your glory.
Hosanna in the highest.

Yes, we sang the praises of the Lord.   See it’s glory to God, that gave voice to the caged bird.  Hosanna in excelsis!

Trinity

 Where did the idea of God being Three Persons, come from?  It came from Jesus.  Matthew 28: 19.   New International Version Therefore go an...