Search This Blog

Monday, December 17, 2012

Mary Morphs into Martha

Somewhere during Advent, I change from my Mary personality into Martha (Luke 10: 38-42).  No matter what I do, it happens.  I've tried going on retreat during Advent, but that caused a worse transformation.  Mary became a raving maniac, Martha.  I had too much to catch up on.

Baking Christmas cookies, writing Christmas cards, shopping, wrapping presents, social obligations, and feeling guilty because Advent should be one of the holiest times of the year.  I should be growing closer to God, not the opposite.

Every year, I more or less try to not let this happen.

Well, this year, I found an aid.  It's the rosary.  I've started praying the rosary, a bit differently.

In the second part, "Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for" _____________, I add what I'm praying for.

It can be a person, a situation, whatever.  Two people praying, are better than one, especially one that has some "pull."

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.  Blessed are thou among women; and blessed is the fruit of your womb, Jesus.  Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray that I may grow closer to your Son, this Advent season.  Amen.

Sisterhood

  Sisterhood Two girls, who like to play sisters. Both wear different headscarves. One is a hijab. One is a tichel. Will we grow old? Will w...