Search This Blog

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Isaiah 42: 7

This morning we are celebrating the Baptism of the Lord. In this morning's Office of Readings, the First Reading from Isaiah 49: 7 resonated with me. I am thinking specifically of:

I, the Lord, have called you for the victory of justice,
I have grasped you by the hand;
I formed you, and set you
as a covenant of the people,
a light for the nations,
To open the eyes of the blind,
to bring our prisoners from confinement,
and from the dungeon, those who live in darkness.

I feel that Our Lord is speaking directly to my "cloistered brothers." They have been redeemed, too. But in this world, they will always be condemned. Only in heaven will there by true justice. The Lord has called for the victory of justice.

No comments:

Galilean Fish Broil

BIBLICALLY BROILED FISH This Lenten recipe comes from “A Continual Feast.”  Note the beautiful story of Jesus appearing to the apostles on t...