Search This Blog

Monday, April 7, 2014

Saint Who?

Much to my surprise, I came across a saint I became acquainted with a couple of years ago.  I was reading Magnificat, April 2014, "Saint Who?".  Not only did I know who Saint Meinrad was, but I could improve that article.  Saint Meinrad had one of Europe's famous Black Madonna's.  No where in the article does it mention that.  That's very strange.  That would be the first thing I would mention.  There's about four hundred Black Madonna's.  Age, fire, and type of wood explain the black color, but they're considered rare and precious.

I was blessed to visit the Benedictine Abbey and attend Mass there.  No cameras are allowed, but I blogged about the experience, here.

The statue is kept behind bars.  So the Einsiedeln Madonna reminded me of my "cloistered brothers."   

Praying from the Heart

 The book I chose for my Lenten reading was Inner Life A Fellow Traveler's Guide to Prayer, by David Torkington.  I finished it this Sun...