Search This Blog

Monday, August 5, 2024

Women Have Influence

 People unfamiliar with the Bible think women have no say, no influence.  If so, they need to read, The Women of the Bible Speak, by Shannon Bream.  Shannon Bream from Fox News relates the stories of sixteen women.  She picks two women's stories and compares them: 

Sarah and Hagar
Rachel and Leah
Tamar and Ruth
Deborah and Jael
Hannah and Miriam
Esther and Rahab
Mary and Martha
Holy Mary and Mary of Magdala

I didn't do this, but I would recommend that this book would make an excellent Bible study.  The scriptures compared to Bream's analysis would make lively discussions, not that Bream says contrary views, on the contrary, she highlights what a reader wouldn't notice.  The stories show how God's plans for our lives work, and that's not how we would think.  



No comments:

How I Grew Up

 Afraid my friends         would find out. Feel sorry for me.        judge me. See him staggering,        unemployed, again,        smelling...