Search This Blog

Monday, August 19, 2024

Plans Gone Arway

 God's sense of humor is sometimes at my expense.  My plans today included a walk to the library.  Since it's cloudy, I checked the weather forecast.  Rain was not predicted for a couple of hours.  I had plenty of time.

On my walk, I passed by a bird bath.  There was no water in it, yet a little swallow was sitting on its edge.  I thought, not prayed-really, just thought that we could use a little rain.  The second that thought left my brain, rain poured down. Immediately, I thought, Lord, when I request serious needs, You ignore me.  But a thought to You, not even a prayer of petition, and You fulfill it!  Very funny.

I weighed my options: I could continue my walk and get to the library, drenched; I could duck into the church, which was nearby.  I thought the rain may be God's way of getting me into the church, so I went in.

I was on my way to sit in front of the Tabernacle, when I heard my name called.  Two ladies I casually know, were calling me.  They volunteer for St. Vincent de Paul and were working.  By the time, we finished our talk, it had stopped raining. 

It was a short shower.  I never made it to the Tabernacle.

At the library, a good friend, whom I haven't seen in quite a while, called me over.  

My plans never included getting wet.  On the other hand, my plans didn't include the blessings of friends.  

Thanks be to God.


No comments:

How I Grew Up

 Afraid my friends         would find out. Feel sorry for me.        judge me. See him staggering,        unemployed, again,        smelling...