Search This Blog

Thursday, August 15, 2024

Argonauta’s Picks for 2024-25

The Argonauta Book club met and chose the books we want to read.


Month                            Book                                        Author

September                Still Life                                    Louise Penny
October                    Rules to Live by                        Barbara Walters
November                People of the Book                    Geraldine Brooks
December                Remarkable Creatures                Sherry Van Pelt
January                    The Sunflower                            Simon Wiesenthal
February                   The Heaven & Earth Store        James McBride
March                        As Goes A River                       Sherry Read
April                        Demon Copperhead                    Barbara Kingslover
May                         Things I Wish I Told Mother      Patterson
June                          The Bee Sting                            Paul Murray

Titles and Author most likely are a bit askew.  I didn't check any of these.  This is off the top of my head.  I think you can figure them out.

We have been meeting for a long time.  Some of us think it might have been since the 1980's.  We've lost some people and we brought in some new, but a few years ago, we decided to not accept new people.  We're set.  Others wouldn't understand.


No comments:

How I Grew Up

 Afraid my friends         would find out. Feel sorry for me.        judge me. See him staggering,        unemployed, again,        smelling...