Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 14, 2024

Pat's Poem

 My fellow scribbler wrote this:

The internet--what a great thing
--but if you're not careful--
   it can sting!

Looking for love, come my son,
  come my daughter.
As scripture says--come like an
   ox to the slaughter.

You may be old and I young--
   doesn't not matter
Said with forked tongue.

The thing is--you and I
   have naught.  
With your money, I
   can be bought.

Of course I could never
   tell you this--
it would destroy
  all chances of bliss.

You are like a fish
   not seeing the hook in the bait
Until you are devastated
   and it is too late.

                      My friend, Pat.



No comments:

How I Grew Up

 Afraid my friends         would find out. Feel sorry for me.        judge me. See him staggering,        unemployed, again,        smelling...