Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 21, 2024

The Sheep's Gate

 Whenever I would read John 10: 7, where Jesus says that He is the gate for the sheep, I would picture a pasture with split rail fences.  When it came time to bring the sheep home, I imagined the sheep were corralled into the fence.  Then the gate was latched to keep them penned up and keep them straying into predator's mouths.

This morning, I learned that sheep could be penned anywhere, at night, e.i., caves, walls, behind stones, etc.  The shepherd stayed present all night guarding them.  For example, if the sheep were put in a cave, the shepherd slept across the opening.  He, himself, acted as a gate.

So you should feel safe, now, with Jesus being the gate.



No comments:

Keep Practicing

 Over the years, I read James Carroll's articles and have admired his skill in wordsmithing.  He is an excellent writer.  I've just ...