Search This Blog

Friday, August 4, 2023

Yes or No

 Although I've been married to Ritchie for over 50 years, I've just realized that I've been married to a Thomist.  A Thomist is a follower of Thomas Aquinas.  Knowing Ritchie, I am positive he never heard of Thomas Aquinas.

"Does he play for the Montreal Canadians?"

You see, the man is incapable of giving a yes or no answer.  Yes and no are not in his vocabulary.  He just naturally doesn't answer a yes or no.  When the children were young, we used to try to get him to answer yes or no.

"Do you like this dinner?"

"I'm eating it, aren't I."

"Do you want coffee?"

"I'll get it myself."

This morning I heard someone say that Thomas Aquinas said:

Never affirm.
Never deny.
Always distinguish.

Ritchie does that naturally.  





No comments:

Birthdays

 Two birthday parties mentioned in the Bible are one by an Egyptian Pharaoh and Herod.  The Pharaoh doesn't have a name but he threw him...