Search This Blog

Monday, August 28, 2023

The Same But Different

 Yesterday morning, I fell.  I tripped over the electrical cord to the hair blower.  I fell flat on the floor.  Only my knees got hurt.  But my memmory was shook.  My father once fell in his bedroom, and I remember thinking very negative thoughts about him.

I was an older teenager.  My grandmother had died (my father's mother).  The previous day we had the Wake.  The morning of the funeral Mass and burial, my father's toe got caught up in the intricate bedspread fringe.


He fell.  The corner of the bedside table went into his sternum.  It cracked the sternum--very painful.  It hurt him to breathe.  Don't feel too sorry for him; he was drunk.

As I was getting up from the floor, I immediately thought of Dad.  No, I didn't feel too  sorry for him.  He hurt himself.  He missed his own mother's funeral and burial.  

Addictions are terrible.  Please pray for addicts to get the grace they need to overcome their addictions.  Plus, pray for their families who have to put up with them.  

No comments:

Birthdays

 Two birthday parties mentioned in the Bible are one by an Egyptian Pharaoh and Herod.  The Pharaoh doesn't have a name but he threw him...