Search This Blog

Friday, August 18, 2023

Let All Nations Praise

 

      LECTIO:                                                                                    Ps 67:2-3, 5, 6, 8
R. (4) O God, let all the nations praise you!
May God have pity on us and bless us;
may he let his face shine upon us.
So may your way be known upon earth;
among all nations, your salvation.
R. O God, let all the nations praise you!
May the nations be glad and exult
because you rule the peoples in equity;
the nations on the earth you guide.
R. O God, let all the nations praise you!
May the peoples praise you, O God;
may all the peoples praise you! 
May God bless us,
and may all the ends of the earth fear him!
R. O God, let all the nations praise you! 

STUDIUM: LECTIO:

A Middle Eastern king revealed by his facial expression whether he liked what he saw and heard.  A shining face shows favor.  An angry face shows displeasure.  A puzzled face shows confusion.  Here the psalmist is praising the Lord's shining face. 

MEDITATIO: 

Since God sees all, I can just imagine He changes facial expressions fast.  Oh wait!  God is God.  He sees all and so understands the reasons for our actions, stupid as they may be. I hope I please God more than not.  I hope I see Him turning His shining face on me.  

ORATIO: 

Lord, I love You.  You are my everything.  I praise You and worship You forever.

CONTEMPLATIO: 

I lift up my voice to worship You.

RESOLUTIO:

 I must tell Jesus that I love Him, more often.










No comments:

Birthdays

 Two birthday parties mentioned in the Bible are one by an Egyptian Pharaoh and Herod.  The Pharaoh doesn't have a name but he threw him...