Search This Blog

Friday, January 6, 2023

Turn for the Worst

 This New Year is off to a bad start.  Father Time has taken a wrong turn.  I first noticed a change as I waited in line to pick up my grandchildren from school.  I was freezing.  The heat in the car wasn't working.  As I was driving home, the windows fogged up.  The defrost wasn't working.  But these excursions were brief.  I could live with it.  

Later on, at night, I was driving to Book Club and my car was beeping.  WHAT!  My seat belt was on.  What's going on?  I looked at the dashboard and saw that my engine was overheating.  Oh no!

I was almost where I wanted to be, so I turned off the heat, which wasn't working anyway, and since my windows were all fogged up, I opened all my windows.  I slowly prayed to the place where Book Club was being held.  I left the car there overnight to have it towed tomorrow.

This morning was worse.  I accidentally dropped my phone in the toilet.


It was in my back pocket and dropped out.  Now I could AAA for help for my car with my house phone, but I couldn't stay in contact with AAA with my cell phone.  I could've tracked the tow truck's progress to reach me.  

I felt very undignified riding in the tow truck between Raphael and Jose, to my mechanic's garage.  I also learned how bad my Spanish is.  But I survived the trip.

I wanted to call a friend to ask her to pick me up.  No cell.
I wanted to show someone the video of my grandchildren's pet.  No cell.
I wanted to call my daughter to make arrangements for her to come to help me with my new computer work station, which I got for Christmas.  Oh!  That's another headache!!!!!  The audio is terrible on meetings (zoom and google meet).  I tried to fix it and now the video AND the audio is terrible.

I want to restart the New Year!  

No comments:

Trinity

 Where did the idea of God being Three Persons, come from?  It came from Jesus.  Matthew 28: 19.   New International Version Therefore go an...