Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 17, 2023

The Light Ever Searching

 Lectio:        Psalm 138

Studium:

Lord Jesus, You are present before me. In this monstrance before me, You are on display.   You see all things and I can see your presence in things around me, albeit in a restricted sense. The eyes of God see all, like a searchlight.  You see more than the search light on a prison tower, more than the search light on a lighthouse.  God's eyes are concentrated on me.  I can't escape over a prison wall.  "Where could I flee?'

Those who are habitual adorers contemplate the Eucharist devotedly.  They claim that looking at the Monstrance becomes self-authenticating and brings revelation and presence.  I can see where a certain certitude would come to those who know the history of Christ, the prophesies in the Old Testament, and can conclude that this Eucharistic Presence before me is the True Presence of God.

Meditatio:

Adoration is one way of giving God the reverence that He is due.  I made the effort to come here.  In other words, I willed to come worship You.  I have been to Mass and united myself with You.  Now, I yearn for more. St. Catherine of Siena tells us that it is good to serve and worship God.  The more we do this, the more we receive the certainty that God is He Who is. 

Oratio:

My Beloved, I know You are He Who is, and I am not, with certainty, I am not.  I am nothing without You.  Find me, Jesus, and hold me fast, and lead me towards that light emanating from You.

Contemplatio:

Lord Jesus, increase my faith.

Resolutio:

I desire to go deeper into the heart of God.





No comments:

Galilean Fish Broil

BIBLICALLY BROILED FISH This Lenten recipe comes from “A Continual Feast.”  Note the beautiful story of Jesus appearing to the apostles on t...