Search This Blog

Saturday, November 6, 2021

Denying Communion

 As everybody knows, I'm no theologian.  In fact, as everybody knows, I'm just a simple, old lady.  Even so, I'd like to describe my dinner table--at least my guest list.

Everyone's invited.  If I thought everyone was coming, I'd have to rent a hall, but I'm envisioning the guest list would include my immediate family. That means, those who have broken laws, don't share our political views, nor our religious views, never mind our morality.  Even so, they're family and welcome to sit at the table.

I know parents who are very authoritarian and say that in my house, it's my rules, or leave.  And don't let the door hit you on the way out!!!!

But I've seen that that doesn't bring anyone back into the fold. In fact, it just causes deeper division.

I believe hubby's and my way to be better.

BTW, if you're coming for dinner, just let me know, so I can add more to the soup. You're welcome to share what we have.


No comments:

Trinity

 Where did the idea of God being Three Persons, come from?  It came from Jesus.  Matthew 28: 19.   New International Version Therefore go an...