Search This Blog

Sunday, October 3, 2021

The Regional Meeting

 Yesterday, wiped me out.  I went to a Regional Lay Dominican Meeting.  As usual, I got lost.  I was driving alone and I hate to drive.  I was following a GPS but there were no street names and I took the directed left too soon. Anyway, it was a one-way street, so I couldn't turn around.  This street took me to downtown Providence, Rhode Island.  This is the capital of the state!  Intuition told me to take a right, which could have taken me to Connecticut.  Thankfully, it didn't. In fact, it brought me where I wanted to go more easily than the GPS originally was taking me.  

That's why I arrived frazzled.  I met old friends, which is always nice.  I blew my diet plan because all they had to eat was donuts and cinnamon bread.  Lunch was potato and macaroni salads and sandwiches of cold cuts.  Dessert was cookies and brownies.

I love praying in community.  We prayed the Rosary and morning and evening prayers.  Of course, we had Mass.  These moments are golden.

The purpose of the meeting was to elect a new president and vice president.  We did.  However, the  Treasurer was the one who got elected president, which meant we now had to elect a new treasurer.  What a tedious procedure!  Dominicans can be terrible nit-pickers!  Thomas Aquinas started this Dominican proclivity by saying that "Distinctions are important."  

To top it all off, driving home took two hours more than usual because of a major accident on the highway. Typical of the day.


No comments:

Galilean Fish Broil

BIBLICALLY BROILED FISH This Lenten recipe comes from “A Continual Feast.”  Note the beautiful story of Jesus appearing to the apostles on t...