Search This Blog

Thursday, October 28, 2021

Let the Children Come to Me

 Jesus must have been kidding when He said that.  Maybe He meant it tongue in cheek--sarcastically.

Whenever my grandchildren go to Mass they are perfect.  However, whenever we go into an empty church, they behave like stampeding wild mustangs.  They take off and are all over.  I can't keep up.  One is in the sanctuary, the other ran up the choir loft, then in the sacristry, climbing up statues, playing the organ.  

I thought I'd teach them what Adoration was.  I took them to Adoration.  Thank goodness they listened to me and behaved appropriately.  That was a Eucharistic Chapel.  But once we left that room, they rocketed to outer space. 

They are impressed with the statue of Michael the Archangel, and that's how I got them outside before they wrecked the church.  While I showed the 11-year-old the large statue of Michael with his sword killing Satan, the 7-year-old went over to Mary and picked her beautiful hydrangeas.

Was I wrong to tell her to be sure to tell her Confessor, when she makes her First Confession, to tell the priest that she stole flowers from the church?  And if he yells, assure him that they weren't from his church, but the shrine across town.

Good grief!  Suffer the children.   


No comments:

Shepherd One

 Whenever the pope flies anywhere, you will see that the plane is called Shepherd One.  Even so, the Vatican doesn't own any planes.  Th...