Search This Blog

Friday, October 8, 2021

Getting Ready for Thanksgiving



I know it's not yet Halloween, never mind November, but I'm in a thanksgiving kind of mood.  It happens this time of year because I'm reminded to celebrate food, and smells, and happy children.  I'm very grateful for everything the season has to offer.  These are some of the things that come to mind.

Starting with my husband of fifty years. That's an amazing amount of time.  It's been an adventure but we've somehow managed to land on our feet, still facing each other. 

Also on the top of my list are my three children, whom I love more than my life.  they are good, happy people, who have grown into independent and contributing members of society.  Isn't that the aim of all parents?  Dick and I are truly blessed.

I also put my friends on my list.  Friends are like family, and in certain circumstances better than family.  We've been to places, and been in trouble, and been in serene sanctuaries, but most of all we've come through closer than ever, and are still friends. 

I'm so thankful for everything and I realize it's all due to the grace of God, because I've done nothing to deserve my blessings, which by-the-way, is what I consider proof of a benevolent God. I certainly do not deserve God's largess, but somehow I've been graced.  

And I thank God, now, and every day, especially on Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Galilean Fish Broil

BIBLICALLY BROILED FISH This Lenten recipe comes from “A Continual Feast.”  Note the beautiful story of Jesus appearing to the apostles on t...