Search This Blog

Saturday, September 18, 2021

Name That Tune

 Another guest blogger, William Wyllie.  Bill always rhymes.


Name That Tune

          To the Senior Center we do go
to play "Name that Tune."  It'll be fun I know.
          Faith and myself go lunch for there.
Never attended something like this anywhere.
          They play some tunes, sometimes I miss.
Other times it's easy, I say "Let's Twist".
          This is fun, music from the 60's, 70's play.
I eat my lunch, and enjoy my stay.
          Ariel, the announcer plays a bonus tune.
They think it's hard, but the title come soon.
         The title is "Ariel," a favorite of mine.
I win the bonus, it makes me feel fine.
         This brings me joy.  I'm happy to be here.
"Name the tune", is music to my ears.
          Michael Jackson's "Don't Stop till you get enough"
A tune I didn't get.
          "Disco Inferno" another I miss.  Can't get upset.
It's only a game, nevermind if I did not remember.
          Just being here is the best surrender.
"Come together" a Beatles tune I got.  A big hit.
          "Eleanor Rigby" too many people were too quick.
"Don't Bring Me Down" by ELO song, that was an easy one.
I build up points, I may just have won.


No comments:

Shepherd One

 Whenever the pope flies anywhere, you will see that the plane is called Shepherd One.  Even so, the Vatican doesn't own any planes.  Th...