Search This Blog

Friday, September 24, 2021

A Walk With Faith


 Facebook Photo

Billy took up my challenge!!!!  Here's his offering.

A Walk with Faith (In My Heart)
by William Wyllie

To Beaver Pond we will stroll. 
I have not been there sing long ago.
     Chilson Beach, a beautiful place.
In my mind I travel through time and space,
      To a time long ago, when I was a lad.
To this same place with brother and sister.
      What a time we had.

Today I walk with Faith.
     And photos I take.
Lots of trees by the pond, grow wild,
    In the past very few, when I was a child.

We walk to a clearing, a boar ramp looks fine.
    I walk to the edge, should I step one more time?
As I get closer to the water, one more step I may go.
     A thick black snake, pops out of a hole.
With a startled surprise, right back I did jump.
    I did it so fast, I heard a loud thump.
In a blink of an eye the snake popped back in its hole.
    And that is when real fast I did stroll.
Faith said with concern, "I would have jumped just the same."
    With a twinkle in her eye, good friends we remain.



No comments:

Shepherd One

 Whenever the pope flies anywhere, you will see that the plane is called Shepherd One.  Even so, the Vatican doesn't own any planes.  Th...