Search This Blog

Monday, September 6, 2021

Jesus is Alive

 LECTIO: Job 19: 25-27

I know that my Redeemer lives,
and that in the end he will stand upon the earth.
And after my skin has been destroyed,
yet in my flesh I will see God;
I myself will see him
with my own eyes--I, and not another.
How my heart yearns within me!:

STUDIUM:

After all Job has been through, he still believes everything will turn out for the good, because he believes that's God's plan.  What faith!  And without knowing about the resurrection of the body, Job believes he will see God face to face.

MEDITATIO:

I am reading these verses from the Office of the Dead, which I am praying for my brother in community, Gary.  He was once a "cloistered brother," but he served his time and was released, many years ago.  

Gary was a believer.  I'd love to know what he said when he met the Redeemer.  
"I'm sorry.", for sure, but what else?

ORATIO:

Lord, have mercy on Gary.  He did change his life around.  Yes, he was a sinner, but he loved You, Lord.  Have mercy on him.

CONTEMPLATIO:

Lord, give me more faith, like Job's.



No comments:

Shepherd One

 Whenever the pope flies anywhere, you will see that the plane is called Shepherd One.  Even so, the Vatican doesn't own any planes.  Th...