Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 8, 2021

From No Responsibility to Head of a Household

 



Crow Lake by Mary Lawson is a good book about a Canadian family struggling to stay a family after both parents are killed in an accident. The oldest child of the four is about eighteen. The two oldest have to change their plans for their future because of the lack of daycare. The youngest in the family is a baby.
The neighbors are incredibly supportive. They help wherever and when they were allowed. The story is about how this family survives.

The strongest part of the novel for me was the characterization. Mary Lawson draws her characters so well, I can see them. I loved them all. Since I can identify with the situation and some of the situations, I was engrossed in the story. I read it in a weekend.

No comments:

Galilean Fish Broil

BIBLICALLY BROILED FISH This Lenten recipe comes from “A Continual Feast.”  Note the beautiful story of Jesus appearing to the apostles on t...