Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 14, 2020

Weeds vs. Vegetables

In preparing for Bible sharing tonight I meditated on Mathew 13: 24-43.  This is the parable where an enemy sows weeds into a field of wheat.  They both are allowed to grow side by side until harvest time.  As the weeds and wheat are picked, the weeds are thrown out.

You get the point.  We are the wheat living in a secular world of weeds and that's the way it will be until the end of time.  God will harvest the wheat.

My meditation brought me to the reality of my own garden.  I couldn't allow both to grow because I had too many weeds.  The weeds would have chocked my vegetables and herbs.  I had to cover the garden in landscaping cover, then cut holes in it to plant my vegetables.  The landscaping cover suppresses the weeds. 

Why couldn't I allow them both to grow?  Because the weeds were overpowering.  The soil was not good, rich loam.  The soil was too full of weeds.  Now there's a parable for you.

Don't plant in bad soil.

No comments:

Shepherd One

 Whenever the pope flies anywhere, you will see that the plane is called Shepherd One.  Even so, the Vatican doesn't own any planes.  Th...