Search This Blog

Monday, July 27, 2020

A Nasty Encounter


Some people question wearing a mask.  Although some may think that they are perfectly healthy, you never know if you are asymptomatic and are carrying the disease.  I figure why take the chance.

Cloth face coverings are recommended as a simple barrier to help prevent respiratory droplets from traveling into the air and onto other people when the person wearing the cloth face-covering coughs, sneezes, talks, or raises their voice. This is called source control. This recommendation is based on what we know about the role respiratory droplets play in the spread of the virus that causes COVID-19, paired with emerging evidence from clinical and laboratory studies that show cloth face coverings reduce the spray of droplets when worn over the nose and mouth. COVID-19 spreads mainly among people who are in close contact with one another (within about 6 feet), so the use of cloth face covering is particularly important in settings where people are close to each other or where social distancing is difficult to maintain.

Wearing a face mask is not a political statement to show my opposition to President Trump’s not wearing a mask.  Although I have run into people who make comments to me accusing me of being a flaming liberal. It seems that NOT wearing a mask proves that you can think for yourself and don’t believe in the fake science that the CDC is promoting.

For Trump’s supporters, declining to wear a mask is a visible way to demonstrate “that ‘I’m a Republican,’ or ‘I want businesses to start up again,’ or I want students back in school.

I had one such nasty encounter with an individual I met in the parking lot of Stop and Shop.  I had just come out of the store and was placing my groceries in my trunk, when the man next to me said, “Why are you wear

Now, I don’t know why I said and did what happened next. But I know I will regret it for the rest of my life.  I turned to the man and said “I wear it to protect you.”

He said, “You #@!$%  liberals are all alike.  Masks are worthless and protect $#@!”

 I walked over to him.  “Well, I was just tested as positive and if you think the mask is worthless, let me give you a hug and a kiss.”

He backed away from me.

I took off my mask and held out my arms like I was going to hug him.

He turned around and started to run.  I was going to just pretend to chase him but he fell down.  So I grabbed his leg and pulled it…just like I’m pulling yours.

No comments:

Shepherd One

 Whenever the pope flies anywhere, you will see that the plane is called Shepherd One.  Even so, the Vatican doesn't own any planes.  Th...