Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 29, 2020

The Lord Rules


Lectio:  
Psalm 19:8-11

The precepts of the     giving joy to the heart.    giving light to the eyes.    enduring forever.    and all of them are righteous.
10 They are more precious than gold,    than much pure gold;    than honey from the honeycomb.    in keeping them there is great reward.

Studium:

Psalm 19 is the 19th psalm in the Book of Psalms. The psalm starts by reflecting on God's glory in creation and moves to reflect on the use of God's commandments.  Nature consists of heaven, earth and ocean.  The psalmist notes the perfection of all around him with the perfection of the 10 Commandments.   Simply, the psalmist connects the perfection between the sun and the Torah.  Both enlighten man.  Both glory their Creator.  The Torah is whole and complete as the Torah expresses wholeness and God's glory.

Meditatio:

 Nature is beautiful.  Is Psalm 19 telling me that the 10 Commandments are beautiful?  Both nature and God's laws have order.  I see that nature does have a rhythm that ensures its growth.  So does following the 10 Commandments foster my growth?  Lord

Oratio:   Lord, I see how nature follows Your laws, how can I not.  I try and when I fail I will try again.  I will never stop trying.


Contemplatio:

You, O Lord are more precious than gold. Your ways are my ways.

Resolutio:

Jesus, You know that my spirit is willing but the flesh is weak.  I resolve to try harder and never give up.




No comments:

Trinity

 Where did the idea of God being Three Persons, come from?  It came from Jesus.  Matthew 28: 19.   New International Version Therefore go an...