Search This Blog

Sunday, May 10, 2020

Mother's Day in a COVID-19 World

What a strange Mother's Day!  I have already received greeting cards from my children, so this morning they all texted me.  Maybe that would have happened, anyway.  Maybe not.

Usually, my daughter with the swimming pool would have invited everyone over for a cook-out.  Not that it was ever warm enough to go swimming, but it's the principle of the thing.  Cook-outs are better pool-side.  But today, I received a bouquet of lilies, sent overnight.  Another present was a hummingbird feeder because my old one burst during the winter.  The liquid inside it froze and expanded.  Another present was my daughter came over and worked in my garden  The seeds are planted. 

What could be better? 

Dinner with the family?  That's what was missing--the get-together.  I always get cards and presents.  But hubby and I eat across from each other, every day.  Mother's Day should be different.

No comments:

Shepherd One

 Whenever the pope flies anywhere, you will see that the plane is called Shepherd One.  Even so, the Vatican doesn't own any planes.  Th...