Search This Blog

Friday, May 29, 2020

Did Your Mother Pray For You







Somebody Prayed for Me by Dorothy Norwood with the Georgia Mass Choir is an uplifting gospel song.  Part of the lyrics say,



 " My mother prayed for me, had me on her mind,

She took the time and prayed for me.
I'm so glad she prayed
I'm so glad she prayed for me."

hit me with a dope slap. I never thought of my mother praying for me.  Of course, she did.  My grandparents, too.  I don't know if my father did.  He wasn't the praying kind.  But I'm sure he would have if he could have.  (You know what I mean.)

Just think of all the people in your childhood who must have prayed for you: teachers, scout leaders, priests, nuns, relatives.  I think I'll pray for everyone who has ever prayed for me.

Lord, hear my prayer.
In my human fraility--         
forgetfulness and
maybe even self-
centeredness.  I 
have neglected to
pray for all those
who cared to pray 
for me as a child
and young adult.
Have mercy on
them Lord, and
say Thank You
to them for me,
as I pray for
them.  Amen
I ask this thru
Jesus' saving
redemption. 










No comments:

Shepherd One

 Whenever the pope flies anywhere, you will see that the plane is called Shepherd One.  Even so, the Vatican doesn't own any planes.  Th...