Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Wisdom is a She

The Solemnity of the Most Holy Trinity


Lectio:
PRV 8:22-31

Thus says the wisdom of God:
"The LORD possessed me, the beginning of his ways,
the forerunner of his prodigies of long ago;
from of old I was poured forth,
at the first, before the earth.
When there were no depths I was brought forth,
when there were no fountains or springs of water;          
before the mountains were settled into place,
before the hills, I was brought forth;
while as yet the earth and fields were not made,
nor the first clods of the world.

"When the Lord established the heavens I was there,
when he marked out the vault over the face of the deep;
when he made firm the skies above,
when he fixed fast the foundations of the earth;
when he set for the sea its limit,
so that the waters should not transgress his command;
then was I beside him as his craftsman,
and I was his delight day by day,
playing before him all the while,
playing on the surface of his earth;
and I found delight in the human race."
Studium:
This is a poem and Wisdom is personified as a woman. 
A woman that is desired, close to Yahweh.  She worked along side Him.  It looks like she is a reflection of Yahweh.  And the Torah has Wisdom present even before the creation.
Meditatio:
The poem seems to delight in creation, and that includes mankind.  "I found delight in the human race."  Our entire world is beautiful.
Oratio:
Lord, Your world is beautiful.  Help me keep it that way.  Man destroys all that he touches.  Show me how to care for Your creation.
Contemplatio:
God is good.  All that He creates is good.  Man is made in the image of God.  God actually breathed life into us.
Resolutio:
I'm taking care of my garden, tomorrow.

No comments:

Shepherd One

 Whenever the pope flies anywhere, you will see that the plane is called Shepherd One.  Even so, the Vatican doesn't own any planes.  Th...