Search This Blog

Friday, June 14, 2019

The Past two Days

Unbelievable!  The demands upon my time are unbelievable.  Really!  And it's not me thinking I have to do this or that, I really HAVE to; I can't say no.  I thought I'd be able to go to confession yesterday.  I waited an hour and my confessor didn't show.  It turns out that he couldn't say "no" to minister to someone.  Then I was with my "cloistered brothers,"  when about ten cops can running into the room.  Scared the @#$#^&** out of me.  Someone had knocked the phone off the hook and that's a signal or something.  Anyway, that was all it was.  Then I barely got home when an emergency executive meeting was called from my Lay Dominican Council.  I thought of ignoring it and saying I got it too late, but I can't lie.  That took up an hour when I ran out to the meeting place when my friends in Argonauta and I caravaned to go to our last meeting. Then  I crawled home to bed, only to wake up early to get to the library book sale.  I  had to pick up Joe because he was going to take over for me because I had to leave early to bring my friend to the Senior Center's Nonagenarian Party.   That was a few hours.  Afterward, I raced home to make lunch for a long lost friend who was coming to visit.  She stayed for an hour and I then took her to meet my nonagenarian friend.  After that, I went shopping for a present for hubby for Father's day on Sunday.  On my way home, I stopped by the town's Strawberry Festival to meet up with my grandchildren.  Finally, I arrived home.  That's not the end of my day. I had to write up the Minutes to last night's executive session.  Stuff like that has to be done as soon as possible or I'll forget.  Now to bed!  W
hew!

No comments:

Galilean Fish Broil

BIBLICALLY BROILED FISH This Lenten recipe comes from “A Continual Feast.”  Note the beautiful story of Jesus appearing to the apostles on t...