Search This Blog

Friday, June 14, 2019

The Past two Days

Unbelievable!  The demands upon my time are unbelievable.  Really!  And it's not me thinking I have to do this or that, I really HAVE to; I can't say no.  I thought I'd be able to go to confession yesterday.  I waited an hour and my confessor didn't show.  It turns out that he couldn't say "no" to minister to someone.  Then I was with my "cloistered brothers,"  when about ten cops can running into the room.  Scared the @#$#^&** out of me.  Someone had knocked the phone off the hook and that's a signal or something.  Anyway, that was all it was.  Then I barely got home when an emergency executive meeting was called from my Lay Dominican Council.  I thought of ignoring it and saying I got it too late, but I can't lie.  That took up an hour when I ran out to the meeting place when my friends in Argonauta and I caravaned to go to our last meeting. Then  I crawled home to bed, only to wake up early to get to the library book sale.  I  had to pick up Joe because he was going to take over for me because I had to leave early to bring my friend to the Senior Center's Nonagenarian Party.   That was a few hours.  Afterward, I raced home to make lunch for a long lost friend who was coming to visit.  She stayed for an hour and I then took her to meet my nonagenarian friend.  After that, I went shopping for a present for hubby for Father's day on Sunday.  On my way home, I stopped by the town's Strawberry Festival to meet up with my grandchildren.  Finally, I arrived home.  That's not the end of my day. I had to write up the Minutes to last night's executive session.  Stuff like that has to be done as soon as possible or I'll forget.  Now to bed!  W
hew!

No comments:

And You Thought Libraries Were Dull?

 This probably is the last book in the series of The Library of the Dead.  However, the book ends with the mother pregnant again with anothe...